Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two analysis sequentially by using the first analysis results in the second analysis in COMSOL3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

In COMSOL 3.5a, I would like to use a 2D contact model to find the stress due to contact of a diaphragm (This has been done). And then I would like to import the stress into eigenfrequency analysis into to find the frequency of 1st mode at different stress levels.

I realized that I need MATLAB script for this purpose with COMSOL3.5a. However, I won't be able to find example script on this Forum although I found that this type question has been asked several times.

Would anyone please provide me an example how I can do these two analysis sequentially by using the first analysis results in the second analysis? Thanks.

TS

1 Reply Last Post May 26, 2012, 4:56 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 26, 2012, 4:56 p.m. EDT
Does anyone know how to solve the problem below? Thanks.

Hi All,

In COMSOL 3.5a, I would like to use a 2D contact model to find the stress due to contact of a diaphragm (This has been done). And then I would like to import the stress into eigenfrequency analysis into to find the frequency of 1st mode at different stress levels.

I realized that I need MATLAB script for this purpose with COMSOL3.5a. However, I won't be able to find example script on this Forum although I found that this type question has been asked several times.

Would anyone please provide me an example how I can do these two analysis sequentially by using the first analysis results in the second analysis? Thanks.

TS

Does anyone know how to solve the problem below? Thanks. [QUOTE] Hi All, In COMSOL 3.5a, I would like to use a 2D contact model to find the stress due to contact of a diaphragm (This has been done). And then I would like to import the stress into eigenfrequency analysis into to find the frequency of 1st mode at different stress levels. I realized that I need MATLAB script for this purpose with COMSOL3.5a. However, I won't be able to find example script on this Forum although I found that this type question has been asked several times. Would anyone please provide me an example how I can do these two analysis sequentially by using the first analysis results in the second analysis? Thanks. TS [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.