Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Range of additional parallel lines

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am wondering if we can plot the additional parallel lines when the starting point does not start at the original point that is y = 0 in my case. Below is the geometry.

Rectangle:
Width = 0.02
Height = 0.1
Position is at the corner (x = 0, y = 0).

Cut Line 2D:
Point 1 (x = 0, y = 0)
Point 2 (x = 0.02, y = 0)

Additional parallel lines
Distances: range(0,0.005,0.1) ------> When I changed the range to (0.05,0.005,0.1) it does not work. The first line is still at y=0, not y=0.05

Many thanks.

5 Replies Last Post Jun 29, 2012, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2012, 9:27 a.m. EDT
Hi

take care of the "direction" of the line you draw, or select, it might be that you should use a negative increment, it depends on the direction of the line

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi take care of the "direction" of the line you draw, or select, it might be that you should use a negative increment, it depends on the direction of the line -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2012, 9:34 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

How can I set the direction of the line ?
There are two arrows drawn on the geometry when I plot the additional parallel lines, one is pointing up and another one is pointing to the left.

Many thanks.
Hi Ivar, How can I set the direction of the line ? There are two arrows drawn on the geometry when I plot the additional parallel lines, one is pointing up and another one is pointing to the left. Many thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2012, 9:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

that is normally the coordinates reference marker, you should define the line start and stop points and then add select additional lines
at least in 4.3 you get the red arrow showing the direction and the green the normal direction hence positive displacements for your additional line values

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that is normally the coordinates reference marker, you should define the line start and stop points and then add select additional lines at least in 4.3 you get the red arrow showing the direction and the green the normal direction hence positive displacements for your additional line values -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2012, 9:58 a.m. EDT
Thanks Ivar !

Thanks Ivar !

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 29, 2012, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Just a small comment about the first line still at y = 0. That is the original cut line that you define as

Point 1 (x = 0, y = 0)
Point 2 (x = 0.02, y = 0)

The additional parallel lines that you add do not replace the original cut line, just adds more parallel lines.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, Just a small comment about the first line still at y = 0. That is the original cut line that you define as Point 1 (x = 0, y = 0) Point 2 (x = 0.02, y = 0) The additional parallel lines that you add do not replace the original cut line, just adds more parallel lines. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.