Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Full-wave Simulation of Light Propagation through Quarter-wave Plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I am trying to simulate the polarization of the light across a quarter waveplate.

I found the following paper as reference

https://www.comsol.com/paper/full-wave-simulation-of-light-propagation-through-a-quarter-wave-plate-51253

But I can't understand how realize the same animationes prsent in the paper and I am not pretty sure about physics parameters.

I am actually using: 1) EMW frequency Domain 3D 2) Two blocks ( one is the air and the second is the quarter wave plate inside the air) 3) Two Domains: one is the air (isotropic) and the second is quartz (diagonal refractive index) 4) The formulation is Scattered field, linear polarized wave (incident) 5) Periodic Conditions

What I want is to see how change the electric field distribution after the quarter wave plate

0 Replies Last Post May 12, 2022, 8:24 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Umberto Nasti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.