Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply a pressure load distribution function on the surface?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone: There is a rectangular plate, I need to apply a pressure load distribution function on the surface, the pressure load is related to the spatial coordinates (x, y), how to apply?

9 Replies Last Post Jul 8, 2022, 10:11 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 7, 2022, 3:57 a.m. EDT

Simply use this function p(x, y) in the pressure load BC on this surface.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Simply use this function p(x, y) in the pressure load BC on this surface.

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 7, 2022, 10:43 a.m. EDT

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Thank you for your reply! AND I have another question. How to apply a pressure-distributed load on the surface, p(x,y), where x,y are specified discrete spatial coordinates. For example, x is 0 to 1 with a spacing of 0.1

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Thank you for your reply! AND I have another question. How to apply a pressure-distributed load on the surface, p(x,y), where x,y are specified discrete spatial coordinates. For example, x is 0 to 1 with a spacing of 0.1

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 7, 2022, 10:49 a.m. EDT

You can set up an interpolation function using your discrete values.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
You can set up an interpolation function using your discrete values.

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 7, 2022, 11:09 a.m. EDT

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Thank you for your reply! I will try it your way Thanks again!

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Thank you for your reply! I will try it your way Thanks again!

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 7, 2022, 11:40 a.m. EDT

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Suppose I use the interpolation function to import 3 columns of data, how can I make my first column of data be the independent variable space coordinate x, and the second column is the space coordinate y?

Dear Edgar J. Kaiser: Suppose I use the interpolation function to import 3 columns of data, how can I make my first column of data be the independent variable space coordinate x, and the second column is the space coordinate y?

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 8, 2022, 2:23 a.m. EDT

It is all in the documentation for interpolation functions.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
It is all in the documentation for interpolation functions.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 8, 2022, 8:59 a.m. EDT

Specifically, please refer to the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Guide, version 6.0, page 345 and following. All manuals are accessible through File > Help > Documentation.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Specifically, please refer to the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Guide, version 6.0, page 345 and following. All manuals are accessible through File > Help > Documentation. Best, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 8, 2022, 10:00 a.m. EDT

thank you all! I already know how to use interpolation functions and understand what the arguments mean. But now I encounter a new problem, the interpolation function cannot import data in complex form. How can this be resolved?

thank you all! I already know how to use interpolation functions and understand what the arguments mean. But now I encounter a new problem, the interpolation function cannot import data in complex form. How can this be resolved?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 8, 2022, 10:11 a.m. EDT

See your other thread.

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
See [your other thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/310573/how-to-import-interpolation-functions-for-complex-numbers?last=2022-07-08T13:59:55Z).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.