creating a flow in a PDMS channel

Fatemehsadat Mirghaderi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm trying to create a channel in COMSOL with fluid flow in it. I believe I am using correct feature of COMSOL. The version I'm using is 5.6. I took the following steps from beginning:

1- Model Wizard 2- 3D 3- Fluid Solid Interaction physics which contains: (laminar flow (spf) , solid mechanics (solid), fluid-structure interaction (fsi1), deforming domain). and deformation geometry physics are chosen 4- stationary

5- Using geometry to create two blocks with following dimensions: 5-1- Block 1: (width = 300 , depth = 2000, height = 300) 5-2- Block 2: (width = 100 , depth = 2000, height = 100) (position: corner, x=100, y =0, z=10) Block two is in Block one a screenshot is attached for your reference (image1).

6- Materials: H2O liquid and PDMS. PDMS is for outer block (bigger block which is the channel) and H2O for the inner/smaller block which is the flow.

7- Deforming domain is the bigger block.

8- Fluid flow is 2E-6 in x-direction and pressure is 2E6. Question: how can I choose input and output?

I have one warning, which I don't know how to fix: There is no feature constraining the pressure. A pressure constraint is required to specify the pressure level. Ignore this warning if the pressure is constrained using pointwise or weak constraints. - Node: Laminar Flow (spf)

Also, I will need to fix the PDMS channel cross-section wall in a way that it doensn't move backward or forward. With having all the above items implemented, I get the following error:

• Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of segregated iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned

Could you please guide me by introducing a tutorial or guidance on how to make a channel with flow inside to look how the fluid flow deforms the channel?

thank you and best regards, Fatemehsadat Mirghaderi

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.