Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

temperature effect on SAW eigenfrequency analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Now I want to analyse the temperature effect on SAW eigenfrequency analysis. There is a similar tutorial in comsol model library named saw_gas_sensor.mph. That simulation is done in room temperature, now I want to calculate the eigenfrequency in 40 degree. So I add 'thermal stress' and add 'temperature' boundary. But it gets a wrong result. Could anybody help me? Thanks.

--
zhanggazi

3 Replies Last Post Sep 28, 2012, 2:58 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2012, 4:39 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I have the same problem, when I modify the temperature there is no change in the frequency response. I would like to ask for help with this issue.
Hi, I have the same problem, when I modify the temperature there is no change in the frequency response. I would like to ask for help with this issue.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 27, 2012, 2:01 a.m. EDT
Hi

but how do you add T effects?
a) in PZD you can only add thermal expansion (for the volume hence inertia change) for linear materials, not for the PZD term, and
b) then you need to also adapt the physical material properties to get these correctly changing with T

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but how do you add T effects? a) in PZD you can only add thermal expansion (for the volume hence inertia change) for linear materials, not for the PZD term, and b) then you need to also adapt the physical material properties to get these correctly changing with T -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 28, 2012, 2:58 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I added linear thermal expansion for linear materials, in my case aluminum, but this is not enough for my research. The problem is that I want to modify the temperature of the PZD term (substrate LiNbO3) and thus observe a change in the frequency response of the admittance. The substrate has a variable T, which I can change, but there is no change in the admittance. How I can integrate this variable T in the behavior of my model? Can you help me? Thanks
Hi Ivar, I added linear thermal expansion for linear materials, in my case aluminum, but this is not enough for my research. The problem is that I want to modify the temperature of the PZD term (substrate LiNbO3) and thus observe a change in the frequency response of the admittance. The substrate has a variable T, which I can change, but there is no change in the admittance. How I can integrate this variable T in the behavior of my model? Can you help me? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.