Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable (time-dependent) heat flux boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I need to give variable(time-dependent) heat flux to the boundary. But in the settings, under heat flux tab only constant value I am able to give. And there is no provisions for giving the function in the heat flux tab. How to provide variable(time-dependent) heat flux to the boundary.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post May 30, 2023, 10:19 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 11 months ago May 30, 2023, 10:19 a.m. EDT
Updated: 11 months ago May 30, 2023, 11:38 a.m. EDT

Hello Prithiviraajan,

The COMSOL GUI is interpreted, so you can type mathematical expressions (not just constants!) in the user interface pretty much like you would write them on a piece of paper. This has been discussed a number times in this Discussion Forum (For instance, perform a query for "interpreted Jeff" to find some of my past responses on this topic). For an extensive discussion of the syntax to use and of the available functions, please refer to the documentation, specifically the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics. The documentation is accessed through File > Help > Documentation in the software itself, and you can also find it in your installation folder in the folder labelled "doc". When solving a time dependent problem, "t" is time.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Prithiviraajan, The COMSOL GUI is interpreted, so you can type mathematical expressions (not just constants!) in the user interface pretty much like you would write them on a piece of paper. This has been discussed a number times in this Discussion Forum (For instance, perform a query for "interpreted Jeff" to find some of my past responses on this topic). For an extensive discussion of the syntax to use and of the available functions, please refer to the documentation, specifically the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics. The documentation is accessed through File > Help > Documentation in the software itself, and you can also find it in your installation folder in the folder labelled "doc". When solving a time dependent problem, "t" is time. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.