Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time-dependent solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I simulate my model in a time interval with defined time step, i.e. range(0, 1e-3, 1), the solver automatically drops many nodes and only report solutions for a few time points. How can I enforce the solver to report solutions for each time step that I define?

Thank you very much for your help.

2 Replies Last Post Oct 25, 2012, 7:09 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 6:18 p.m. EDT
With the range command you define the time interval of your study. In your case that's from 0s to 1s. The value in the middle is NOT the time step of the time dependent solver. It is a time step at which the solver saves a solution. In your case you should get a solution every 1ms which you can access in the post processor.

You can change the settings like time step and the solver itself under the solver node for the Time dependent solver.

With the range command you define the time interval of your study. In your case that's from 0s to 1s. The value in the middle is NOT the time step of the time dependent solver. It is a time step at which the solver saves a solution. In your case you should get a solution every 1ms which you can access in the post processor. You can change the settings like time step and the solver itself under the solver node for the Time dependent solver.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 7:09 p.m. EDT
Hi Jan,

Got it. Thank you very much.

With the range command you define the time interval of your study. In your case that's from 0s to 1s. The value in the middle is NOT the time step of the time dependent solver. It is a time step at which the solver saves a solution. In your case you should get a solution every 1ms which you can access in the post processor.

You can change the settings like time step and the solver itself under the solver node for the Time dependent solver.

Hi Jan, Got it. Thank you very much. [QUOTE] With the range command you define the time interval of your study. In your case that's from 0s to 1s. The value in the middle is NOT the time step of the time dependent solver. It is a time step at which the solver saves a solution. In your case you should get a solution every 1ms which you can access in the post processor. You can change the settings like time step and the solver itself under the solver node for the Time dependent solver. [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.