Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to input two variables (temperature, electric-field) function of materials for simulating successfully

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have a conductivity function about insulation materials given by 3D curve fitting from experiment each DC electric field and temperature.

i computed successfully using function that case has only variables of temperature.

but i think, it is not exactly result because conductivity function is consisted of temperature and electrci field.

and i tried to compute using the function that has two variables(temperature, electric field)

as a result, i failed to compute.

i think, electric field is the result of simulation, so i failed the simulation using fucntion that has two variables(temp. and electric field).

how can i solve this problem?

the conductivity(S/m) function is follows

f(T, E) = aexp(-Ea/kb/T)sinh((bT+c)E)*E

a, b, c : constant, kb : boltzman constant (eV), Ea : activation energy (eV), T : temperature (k), E : electricfield (kV/mm)

1 Reply Last Post Jul 16, 2023, 5:54 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 16, 2023, 5:54 p.m. EDT
Updated: 9 months ago Jul 18, 2023, 1:29 p.m. EDT

Hello,

It would really help if you could post your mph file, as we could then see how exactly in which way you "failed to compute". I´ll venture a guess: maybe you didn´t call the function with the proper second argument - it likely should be ec.normE assuming that your E is actually the magnitude of the electric field from a ec physics interface.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, It would really help if you could post your mph file, as we could then see how exactly in which way you "failed to compute". I´ll venture a guess: maybe you didn´t call the function with the proper second argument - it likely should be ec.normE assuming that your E is actually the **magnitude** of the electric field from a ec physics interface. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.