Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Derive required force from prescribed displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am currently doing a study on a leaf flexure subjec to certain boundary conditions. I apply a prescribed displacement in the x-direction on one edge. Now what I would like to do is derive the required force in x-direction if I were to apply a force in stead of a displacement on this edge. I tried to figure this out using the reaction forces tab in plots, derived values and probes, but never did I get a good result. How should I do this? I added my file in the attachment.

Best regards

1 Reply Last Post Aug 28, 2023, 2:23 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 28, 2023, 2:23 a.m. EDT

It sems like you are prescribing the displacement on an edge that is also constrained by a rigid connector. Even if it is intended and non-conflicting, there is no way to separate the reactions.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
It sems like you are prescribing the displacement on an edge that is also constrained by a rigid connector. Even if it is intended and non-conflicting, there is no way to separate the reactions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.