Controlling Boundary Mode Analysis search index with material properties

Ely Eastman Applied Physics, Quantum Optics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model some optical fibers over various wavelengths with different materials. Part of my study is a boundary mode analysis where I determine the boundary mode entering and exiting the waveguide. I would like to "search for modes around" the refractive index of the material, but because that changes with wavelength I don't want to put in a fixed number. I would rather have that parameter be whatever the model determines the refractive index is from the Sellmeier coefficients built into the material. I cant seem to get that field to accept a variable as an option. To be clear, I plan to run the boundary mode analysis at each wavelength because the fibers are made of multiple different materials (core and cladding have different indices of refraction).

0 Replies Last Post Jan 10, 2024, 3:26 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ely Eastman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.