Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Connect a pair of concentric helix into one

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to model an inductor with two concetric layers of windings using two separate helix. The two windings need to be connected in someway and the following methods have been tried:

- Revolving and extruding an end of the first helix to the an end on the second helix gives me an error. I use the measure-tool to find the points of the revolving axis, but I suspect that some value is rounded resulting in a slight shift of the geometry which isn't recognizable by just looking at the screen.

- Since I'm working with Induction Heating I have an option called "Periodic Condition". So I add the two boundaries that I want to connect under "Periodic Condition" and then add the boundary for the second winding under "Destination Selection". The results I get say that the whole geometry has the same temperature which is incorrect.

Are there any other ways I can solve the problem or is there something I'm doing wrong in the above mentioned methods I've already tried?

0 Replies Last Post Feb 25, 2013, 9:33 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bilal Butt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.