Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gas separation with a tube membrane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear everyone, I am working on modeling of a tube membrane.
1, the inlet of the tube membrane is pure CO2, and O2 comes from the wall (membrane), so at the outlet you will have a mixture of O2 and CO2, and O2 mole fraction at outlet can be as high as 0.5.
2, I chosen "laminar flow" model and "transport of concentrated species" to simulated this.
The problem I am facing now is that the influence of O2 on the fluid field is much smaller than I expected.
For example, the flow rate at inlet (integration by spf.U*2*Pi*r, 2D axisymmetric) is 100 and O2 mole fraction is 0; At outlet, where is O2 concentration is 0.5, the flow rate is only 115, but I expect it to be 150, I am really confused by this, and I hope someone can help me.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 25, 2013, 7:03 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 25, 2013, 7:03 a.m. EDT
Can anyone help me?
Can anyone help me?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.