Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Syngas Combustion in a Round-Jet Burner with comsol 4.3

Julio Cesar Estrada Moreno

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody i want to reproduce the problem "Syngas Combustion in a Round-Jet Burner" with comsol 4.3, this problem has been solved with comsol 4.4, but ! I don't know how to couple reacting flow with turbulent flow, someone can help me??

2 Replies Last Post Feb 19, 2014, 3:06 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2014, 8:14 a.m. EST
Hi,

Do you want to make is on version 4.3, not 4.3a or 4.3b? Version 4.3 doesn't include reaction rate model with Eddy Dissipation model which is needed in this model. This was introdused in version 4.3a.

If you want to do in 4.3, you will need to combine "Transport of Concentrated Species", "Turbulent flow" and "Heat transfer in fluids". Also you have to make reaction rate by Eddy Dissipation model functions.

Best regards

Tero Hietanen
Hi, Do you want to make is on version 4.3, not 4.3a or 4.3b? Version 4.3 doesn't include reaction rate model with Eddy Dissipation model which is needed in this model. This was introdused in version 4.3a. If you want to do in 4.3, you will need to combine "Transport of Concentrated Species", "Turbulent flow" and "Heat transfer in fluids". Also you have to make reaction rate by Eddy Dissipation model functions. Best regards Tero Hietanen

Julio Cesar Estrada Moreno

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 19, 2014, 3:06 p.m. EST
thanks Tero Hietanen!!!!!! I have some troubles coupling medels in comsol but I'm sure your contribute is going to help me!!!
thanks Tero Hietanen!!!!!! I have some troubles coupling medels in comsol but I'm sure your contribute is going to help me!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.