Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Boundary Integration in an Expression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to perform a boundary integration per simulation tick and use that information as part of an expression whose result would affect another boundary condition before the next simulation tick.

For example, I have a volumetric flow leaving a boundary, performing a boundary integration yields the volumetric flow. I would like to use that flow value in an expression to change the back-pressure of that boundary, per simulation tick.

I have only been able to perform a boundary integration in post processing. The alternative is to perform this task using the MATLAB interface, but I thought I would explore the possibility of a neater solution.

Many Thanks,

Regards,
Tom

1 Reply Last Post Aug 17, 2009, 3:55 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2009, 3:55 p.m. EDT
you can define an integration coupling variable which will integrate the flow velocity over the boundary at each time step.
you can define an integration coupling variable which will integrate the flow velocity over the boundary at each time step.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.