Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC module Induction motor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I recently analysis the induction motor in AC/DC module-Perpendicular induction current, Vector potential(emqa) with time-harmonic analysis.

The problem is torque and resistive power dissipation value is different from the model what I recieved.

So I tried several benchmark problem which name is

Induction motors simulation by finite element method and different potential formulations with motion voltage term. The thesis by DANIEL MARCSA, TEAM workshop problem.

And in this problem, every values such as torque, power dissipation, induced voltage is half compared to results.

I read the thesis and confirm the governing equation again and again, but I cannot find the why this difference occur.

So what I wander is if there are some another way to analysis by entering or changing properties, such as subdomain equation system, equations
or just I can achive the goal as subdomain setting and boundary setting, etc.

Because if I didn`t make any mistake ,the power dissipation and the induced voltage determined magnetic vector potential, Az, and I can not control this value as changing the equation.
Except I can change this value as inputting the external current density.

I don`t know if I can upload the thesis and COMSOL files, so if you wonder or want confirm what difference is the thesis and the files, just ask for it.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 27, 2010, 2:34 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oh Sean

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.