Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry using mathematical function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want draw exponential taper using mathematical function in comsol using 2D Axial Geometry.so,anybody can suggest how can I do this.?

4 Replies Last Post Jan 28, 2015, 9:49 a.m. EST

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 a.m. EST
I don't believe it is possible. You probably have to use a CAD software to draw that shape.
I don't believe it is possible. You probably have to use a CAD software to draw that shape.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 2, 2015, 4:03 a.m. EST
Krupali,

you can try a parametric curve. Its application is pretty straightforward.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Krupali, you can try a parametric curve. Its application is pretty straightforward. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 28, 2015, 4:26 a.m. EST
Thank you sir for your reply.

But,It generates a message "singular edge detected"

Can you please help me how to solve this error?
Thank you sir for your reply. But,It generates a message "singular edge detected" Can you please help me how to solve this error?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 28, 2015, 9:49 a.m. EST
I can only guess: maybe you have to combine this curve with other geometrical elements that finally result in a domain together.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I can only guess: maybe you have to combine this curve with other geometrical elements that finally result in a domain together. -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.