Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

use time dependent parameter in a funciton

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I'm trying to generate a simple electric pulse with Function from Comsol (global definition->function->rectangle). We can assume the rising edge and falling edge of the pulse are perfect. The pulse will last 5 ms and its amplitude will be 1 kV.
But I don't know how to couple time parameter into my rectangular function. I don't either know how to load the rectangular into the electrical potential in Electrical current physics. The electrical potential doesn't like a global function such as 1[kV]*rec.
I'm quite a new bee in Comsol, so please explain in detail or give me some study guide if you will.

Thank you,
Yiqi

0 Replies Last Post Jul 1, 2015, 2:36 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yiqi Ni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.