Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductor Design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello guys,

This is my first time using comsol so the question I am asking might be silly for you. Please bear with me.
I have built the 3D model of two phase inductor with the reference of example in comsol package ´3D Inductor Deisgn´. The magnetic field (mf) physics and frequency domain study type is used.
Problem is that it doesn't come up with anything when I compute it means the system got hanged. Now to my understanding the problem could be related to following:
1. because of less RAM memory but it once in initial attempts showed the memory related error then after increasing RAM space, it is apparently okay.
2. as in the given comsol example of 3D Inductor, I also have defined the sphere around my inductor and given it a material as Air. But in this case, may be this air material is overlapping with for example core and winding that have separately designated as different materials and it is causing problem. Whereas in the example it is working fine.
3. I have also done with the 2D model in femm and there I defined the boundary condition outisde inductor as Dirichlet that is not being defined here in comsol. Is it the issue? If yes, how can I define boundary condition?
4. is it okay to use the default solver for frequency domain while computing or there is any necessary things to be taken care of?

BR and eagerly waiting for responses,
Abdul Hafeez

0 Replies Last Post Jul 2, 2015, 9:00 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Syed Abdul Hafeez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.