Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameterizing Circles Using Parametric Sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am having a problem parameterizing three circles using the parametric sweep.
I want to vary the radius of the circles and see the max displacement at different radius using the parametric sweep, but I'm not sure how. I'm using version 5.1.

I read the manual on page 108 about adding a parametric sweep and on page 120 about the geometry. For the busbar geometry, the parameters are being used to get the width. Yet when I tried to use my parameters, it said the radius has to be a real number. I'm not sure what to do.
I have attached the file in this dropbox link: www.dropbox.com/s/rgqzqtpn1ke0di0/test%20of%20parametric%20sweep.mph?dl=0
Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Tina

2 Replies Last Post Jul 8, 2015, 5:52 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 8, 2015, 5:07 p.m. EDT
Hi Tina,

this is an easy one: r = 0 is not allowed and doesn't make sense either.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Tina, this is an easy one: r = 0 is not allowed and doesn't make sense either. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 8, 2015, 5:52 p.m. EDT
Thank you so much Edgar! I appreciate your help and quick reply!
I got it to work now!

Thanks,
Tina
Thank you so much Edgar! I appreciate your help and quick reply! I got it to work now! Thanks, Tina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.