Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time cousumed using M file that COMSOL4.0a built

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey, Guys

I found a very weird question.

I just built the model using COMSOL 4.0a, and then export it to the COMSOL server. finally, in Matlab interface, I import the model from COMSOL server, and implement the parametric sweep.

The M file just like

tic;
model= model.util.model('model1') % import the model1 from the server

for k = 1 : N % N is the sweep times
model.sol(sol1).runAll;
end
toc;

When I just sweep 10 times, it takes 140 seconds. But when I sweep 30 times, it almost takes 1400 seconds.

But if the model is bulit by m file(containing the creation of geometry, physics, mesh, etc.) rather than imported from the server, the time consumed is ok!
I donot konw why?

I 'v got used to previous approach(import the model from server), because the m file is so clear and simple.

How can increase the efficiency using this approach?

Thanks a bunch!

Best wishes!

Kyo

0 Replies Last Post Aug 22, 2010, 9:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kyo Lee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.