Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometric gap using contact pairs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Looking in the manual, I saw that there is a variable called geomgap_slv_pn, which is the geometric gap between the source and the destination, seen from the destination side of the contact pair.

I want to use this variable in a boundary condition. I want to add a load at one edge of my contact pair. The edge load should be a spring force F = k.geomgap_slv_pn.

When I now try to solve my model, an error occurs. It seems that the variable geomgap_slv_pn is unknown. Someone who knows what went wrong?

Greetings,
Steven

0 Replies Last Post Aug 24, 2010, 4:37 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Steven Delrue

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.