Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh deform across geometry corners

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a 3D simulation related to mesh moving functions. To make the question clearer, I made a 2D model for demonstration. As shown in the attached model file (or the png file for quicker understanding), I have a designated boundary inside the rectangle moving towards X+ direction. The automatic remeshing is applied, btw. But the boundary won't go beyond the bottom left point (point A in the png file) because COMSOL tries to keep original boundaries there no matter how small they becomes. This causes numerical issues and prevents the boundary moving further in the simulation. Finally the solver exits because of non-convergence problem.

So my question is, is there any way to automatically remove/combine/fusion the tiny geometries near point A (including A itself) when the boundary reaches it? I am quite a newbie in COMSOL, so any other kinds of solutions or workarounds will also be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hengyang

0 Replies Last Post Nov 1, 2016, 3:19 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hengyang Zhao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.