Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Events in Frequency Domain studies ( for current/voltage mode switch in AC/DC frequency domain study)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to control the source in AC/DC module frequency domain study to switch between current and voltage mode.
This blog has a great example of how to achieve that in a time dependent study by using the "Events" module:
www.comsol.com/blogs/control-current-and-voltage-sources-with-the-acdc-module/

I can follow similar steps, and it almost works. However, the value of the control/switch parameter CC does not switch or change from the initial value in frequency domain studies. It seems that the solver only checks the initial value of CC and never checks the events for subsequent frequencies that way it does for subsequent times in time dependent studies.
I am copying the comment I added to that blog here again just in case someone here knows the trick.

I need to create a similar switch between current/voltage modes in frequency domain, and I am having problems triggering the events to switch the value of CC at different frequencies. Can you help with a similar simple example?

Let’s consider a very simple example. Let's say we have a simple electric circuit with a resistor, inductor, and a current source. I can create similar global equations and events as explained in the blog above. I want to switch from current mode at low frequencies, to voltage mode at higher ones. However only the initial value of "CC" controls the rest of the run in frequency domain. How can I make the simulation check and change the indicator state for every frequency?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 14, 2016, 3:17 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello M.A.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.