Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

regarding ACDC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi ,,

i am designing a magnetic core.. if we pass current in the primary it will give some magnetic flux density value for some currents above that i should give a constant value.

how to limit the flux density above that value

for example.. i have designed my core.up to 10 A it should give magnetic flux density ..after 10A even if we increase current also it should not give any value it should saturate..
how to give and where to give that saturation value in comsol 4.0

i will be very thankful if any one give me any idea on this...

thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post Mar 11, 2011, 3:37 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 5:52 a.m. EST
Hi

you need to set the material properties of your iron to link the mur to the norm of the field, normally there is the iron with or without losses that is set up like this in the material DB

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to set the material properties of your iron to link the mur to the norm of the field, normally there is the iron with or without losses that is set up like this in the material DB -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 1:07 p.m. EST
hi ivar,

thanks for your response..

when i am using the same with that i am not getting my theroitical values so i defined normal cast iron with mur=2000.how to use softiron with mur =2000 to my model.i mean how to link that value to my model.
hi ivar, thanks for your response.. when i am using the same with that i am not getting my theroitical values so i defined normal cast iron with mur=2000.how to use softiron with mur =2000 to my model.i mean how to link that value to my model.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2011, 3:37 p.m. EST
Hi

you should look it up in the doc, you need to enter the saturation curve, typically as an interpolated set of data in columns, then define the H B relation

normally in the default ACDC material section there should be a e an iron with saturation already set up, use that as example

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you should look it up in the doc, you need to enter the saturation curve, typically as an interpolated set of data in columns, then define the H B relation normally in the default ACDC material section there should be a e an iron with saturation already set up, use that as example -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.