Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About Transport of diluted species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Community,

I am using COMSOL Multiphisics to simulate ISFET. When I do as the tutorial tells and want to reproduce it, I got this problem.

In Add Physics, under transport of diluted species (tds), there is no Number of species text field in Dependent Variables section. So I cannot add more than one species. I found in help that not all function is available. Is it because of my software? I am using COMSOL 5.3a.

Also, in the Transport Mechanisms, only convection is available, I cannot find Migration in electric field.

Anyone knows why? Thank you so much!

Feng

4 Replies Last Post Jul 25, 2018, 11:35 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 25, 2018, 8:28 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jan 31, 2019, 9:52 a.m. EST

Hello Feng,

You must be referring to this tutorial: https://www.comsol.com/model/simulation-of-an-ion-sensitive-field-effect-transistor-isfet-45341

If so, please note that that tutorial requires

1. COMSOL Multiphysics®, and
  2. Semiconductor Module, and
  3. Batteries & Fuel Cells Module, Chemical Reaction Engineering Module, Corrosion Module, Electrochemistry Module, Electrodeposition Module, or Microfluidics Module

From what you describe, it sounds like your license does not currently include any of the products in 3/ above. You can check on that by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Feng, You must be referring to this tutorial: https://www.comsol.com/model/simulation-of-an-ion-sensitive-field-effect-transistor-isfet-45341 If so, please note that that tutorial requires 1. COMSOL Multiphysics®, and 2. Semiconductor Module, and 3. Batteries & Fuel Cells Module, Chemical Reaction Engineering Module, Corrosion Module, Electrochemistry Module, Electrodeposition Module, or Microfluidics Module From what you describe, it sounds like your license does not currently include any of the products in 3/ above. You can check on that by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 25, 2018, 11:28 a.m. EDT

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I am still having trouble finding which are required. I want to have four species in transport of diluted species and also the transport mechanism of migration in electric field. What do I need? Do I need all those you mentioned in 3?

Thank you so much!

Best, Feng

Dear Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I am still having trouble finding which are required. I want to have four species in transport of diluted species and also the transport mechanism of migration in electric field. What do I need? Do I need all those you mentioned in 3? Thank you so much! Best, Feng

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 25, 2018, 11:34 a.m. EDT

From the 3rd bullet, you need any one of those modules. I should have typed

Batteries & Fuel Cells Module, or Chemical Reaction Engineering Module, or Corrosion Module, or Electrochemistry Module, or Electrodeposition Module, or Microfluidics Module

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
From the 3rd bullet, you need any one of those modules. I should have typed Batteries & Fuel Cells Module, or Chemical Reaction Engineering Module, or Corrosion Module, or Electrochemistry Module, or Electrodeposition Module, or Microfluidics Module Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 25, 2018, 11:35 a.m. EDT

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much! That really helps!

Best, Feng

Dear Jeff, Thank you so much! That really helps! Best, Feng

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.