Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

extraction data of parametric sweep using Matlab command mphinterp, definition of "solnum"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am using comsol4.2 with matlab. I am trying to extraction data of parametric sweep using Matlab command: mphinterp.
As shown in the attachment, I did a parametric sweep. Under the "Data set", "Solution 1" include the result of parametric 2 and parametric 2 saved solution "store solution 3, store solution 4, ......store solution 12". I want to extract results of the store solution3 -12.
I used this sentence: mphinterp(comsol,'Ey','coord',[0; 0; 0],'solnum',1), it extracted Ey at x=0 y=0 z=0 in the store solution 3. The stored solution 3 is the first solution, so the solnum is 1.
If I did not specify "solnum", by using mphinterp(comsol,'Ey','coord',[0; 0; 0]),it only shows the value of the store solution 3.
However, if I try: mphinterp(comsol,'Ey','coord',[0; 0; 0],'solnum',2), it comes error
if I try: mphinterp(comsol,'Ey','coord',[0; 0; 0],'solnum','all'), it only shows the value of the store solution 3. I though it can extract the values from all solutions.

The question is: I do not know how is this 'solnum' defined? In the Dataset, I only have "Solution 1", under the "Solution 1" it containe parametric 2 and parametric 2 saved solution "store solution 3, store solution 4, ......store solution 12". Does the "solnum", 1 corresponds to "Solution 1" under the "Dataset " or "store solution 3" under the "parametric 2"?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 29, 2011, 12:07 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jing Wen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.