Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

radiaton problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a problem simulating a geometry where the heat transfer mechanisms are both convection and radiation.
When I am simulating the problem using only convection, it runns really fast and the results are good. When I add the radiation mechanism, it cannot reach a convergence and it runs forever. I am using the "Surface-to-Ambient Radiation" module.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Jan 19, 2012, 1:17 p.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 19, 2012, 12:07 a.m. EST
Radiation heat transfer is proportional to T^4 so it’s more nonlinear than convection. Still it should work. Check the ambient temperature and the emissivity.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Radiation heat transfer is proportional to T^4 so it’s more nonlinear than convection. Still it should work. Check the ambient temperature and the emissivity. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 19, 2012, 1:17 p.m. EST
Thanks for the answer!
I think i have to try interfering in the solver because of the non-lineariaty of the problem.
Thanks for the answer! I think i have to try interfering in the solver because of the non-lineariaty of the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.