Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem on understanding documentation sentence.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am facing difficulty on reading the model library documentation and hope can have your advice

"The movement of the valve is described with an analytic expression pin, which returns
the value of one in the area corresponding to the valve pin and zero elsewhere."

This sentence refer to control the valve open or close. but why i cannot see the valve open or close, i means moving the line or not?
as the line still there.

I attache the file for your information

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2012, 2:29 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 21, 2012, 2:29 a.m. EDT
Hi

If you read more carefully above, you will see that the pin is simulated by a "very viscous fluid" that is moving in and out, the pin shape is there only for ease of geometry generation and to show where it is.

The trick is that the material is defined by the variable "eta" and eta is driven by the "pin" motion

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If you read more carefully above, you will see that the pin is simulated by a "very viscous fluid" that is moving in and out, the pin shape is there only for ease of geometry generation and to show where it is. The trick is that the material is defined by the variable "eta" and eta is driven by the "pin" motion -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.