Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting matrices without Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I read that it would be possible to export the model matrices through the JAVA API.
Does anybody know how this works?

Solver node -> other -> Assemble
gives me choices to make checkmarks next to matrices. But how can I export them?

My goal is to check if the equation system of my model could be optimized.
Simulation time is waaaaaay too long for me.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies Last Post Jun 30, 2012, 6:34 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2012, 3:51 a.m. EDT
Hi

I have neve used it but ther eis a rather thick pdf doc with a lot of descriptions, sometimes you want good hints how COMSOL internals works there too, including for matlab interfacing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have neve used it but ther eis a rather thick pdf doc with a lot of descriptions, sometimes you want good hints how COMSOL internals works there too, including for matlab interfacing -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2012, 5:40 a.m. EDT
I already took a short look into the doc of course, but there was no fast help ; ).

So I was hoping that someone, more experienced with the Java API, maybe could make a tiny example...

My model really takes much too long to solve and the COMSOL support could only give me the advice to use bigger time steps. But this totally ruins the results.
Simulation is time dependent and highly non-linear.

I really want to take a look at my models equation system... Maybe it could be optimized a little.
I already took a short look into the doc of course, but there was no fast help ; ). So I was hoping that someone, more experienced with the Java API, maybe could make a tiny example... My model really takes much too long to solve and the COMSOL support could only give me the advice to use bigger time steps. But this totally ruins the results. Simulation is time dependent and highly non-linear. I really want to take a look at my models equation system... Maybe it could be optimized a little.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2012, 6:34 a.m. EDT
Hi

there are certainly some Java experts out here, true that I do not read them that often,
I would still suggest to try to simplify you mdel from the physics - gui side first, and it's true that it is not that difficult to put even todays best computer into a difficult situation, just to solve something we bleieve as rather simple

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are certainly some Java experts out here, true that I do not read them that often, I would still suggest to try to simplify you mdel from the physics - gui side first, and it's true that it is not that difficult to put even todays best computer into a difficult situation, just to solve something we bleieve as rather simple -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.