Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different results with parametric sweep in induction heating model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm using COMSOL 4.0a to model a 2D axisymmetric model of an induction heater. The real device runs at 62kHz, and when I run a Frequency-Transient study at that frequency for 60 seconds, I get a peak temperature of 426K. However, when I run a Frequency-Transient study with a parameter sweep between 0 and 100kHz, the peak temperatures I get are MUCH lower than without the parameter sweep.

However, when I look at the solution for 60 seconds at 60kHz, I get a peak temperature of 312K. Why is this? I would love to attach the input file, but its 20Mb and it won't let me. Where should I look? What should I check?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post Sep 11, 2012, 3:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 11, 2012, 3:17 a.m. EDT
I think that's because the solution depends on the initial guess, which can be different for different approaches.
I think that's because the solution depends on the initial guess, which can be different for different approaches.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.