Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to enter the temperature that varies with time??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Due to the variation in air velocity, the external temperature varies with time. Can I know how can I input the values using an equation or an excel sheet??

1 Reply Last Post Feb 6, 2013, 4:05 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 6, 2013, 4:05 p.m. EST
This might help. I've include my mph file stripped of geometry and mesh, but with the pressure and temperture pulse as analysitic functions. I also have temperture dependent properties. It fiar easy to define an analytic function in the global definitions and simple input the name of that function either as a temperture vs time boundary or as an function temperature time depentent ambient function. The is a structural-heat transfer problem but the procedures should be the same.

I deleted the geometry and mesh as not relevant to the problem,

--
Arthur Rupel
This might help. I've include my mph file stripped of geometry and mesh, but with the pressure and temperture pulse as analysitic functions. I also have temperture dependent properties. It fiar easy to define an analytic function in the global definitions and simple input the name of that function either as a temperture vs time boundary or as an function temperature time depentent ambient function. The is a structural-heat transfer problem but the procedures should be the same. I deleted the geometry and mesh as not relevant to the problem, -- Arthur Rupel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.