Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

physical adsorption-which COMSOL module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
I am now working on a model about the absorption of solute by gold thin layer in a flowing cell. The absorption of solute by gold thin layer is physical adsorption. I want to know which COMSOL module fits my situation. Could anyone help me?

1 Reply Last Post May 28, 2013, 12:15 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 28, 2013, 12:15 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I don't know your problem, but can't you use solute transport interface available in COMSOL's subsurface flow module? There is also an example of surface adsorption in the model library. You have options for several adsorption isotherms that you can choose depending on your physics or you define your own stuff as a source term.

You can also build your own PDE.

Suresh

Hi, I don't know your problem, but can't you use solute transport interface available in COMSOL's subsurface flow module? There is also an example of surface adsorption in the model library. You have options for several adsorption isotherms that you can choose depending on your physics or you define your own stuff as a source term. You can also build your own PDE. Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.