Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi-turn coil modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to model a non-cylindrical muti-turn coil. The frequency of simulations is about 2 MHz and the coil diameter is approximately 0.05 mm. Unfortunately, at this frequency the skin depth in wire is almost equal to wire diameter and according to what I found in Comsol tutorials, I will not be able to use multi-turn coil domain (However I tried it and the simulation results are far away from reality).

I also can not model all turns of the coil since the coil has many winding and the model becomes too complex.
I really appreciate if there is any suggestion or Idea that can help me to build my model correctly without sacrificing the results.

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2015, 2:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ehsan Mohseni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.