Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Result from Study outside of defined geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

Currently I am simulating heat transfer with Heat Transfer in Solids and Surface-to-Surface Radiation. Looking at the result for the temperature distribution in my geometry I can see that there are results and temperature distributions outside of my defined geometry, which seems odd. (See attached picture: squiggly yellow bands encircling a layer, positioned near the middle of the picture.)

It does not seem to be coming from the meshing. With a mesh plot overlayed, I can see that the "bands" are not meshed.

Can somebody explain how this happens and what it means? Comsol can even evaluate the temperature at these points.

Best regards, Yao

1 Reply Last Post Apr 30, 2020, 8:39 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yao Zhou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 30, 2020, 8:39 a.m. EDT

I found the answer to this question.

These are deformation plots, which are generated automatically. They can be found the Temperatur Plot Group.

I found the answer to this question. These are deformation plots, which are generated automatically. They can be found the Temperatur Plot Group.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.