If you are looking for an intensive introduction to using COMSOL Multiphysics®, this is the course for you. During the 3-day COMSOL Multiphysics® Intensive Training course, you will develop a strong foundation for your future multiphysics modeling work. We start at an introductory level, leading students through the essential steps needed in all analyses (geometry creation, interactive meshing techniques, model setup, postprocessing, etc.) Then, we move into more advanced topics, such as solution techniques and multiphysics modeling.
To teach this course, we use a combination of guided hands-on training, theoretical and practical lecture, and self-guided hands-on training. The goal is to immerse you in all of the main aspects of using COMSOL Multiphysics®, so that you feel comfortable working with the software. You will leave the course feeling confident that you are correctly solving your simulation problems with COMSOL Multiphysics®.
- Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics® GUI
- Using and understanding the key features of the COMSOL Multiphysics® architecture
- Setting up and solving a coupled multiphysics model
- Analysing your results - How to postprocess in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Customising your model with parameters, variables, functions and other tools
- Select your own hands-on tutorial model
- Geometry creation in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- CAD Import and defeaturing
- Mesh customisation and geometry simplification for analysis
- Best practices for meshing geometry
- Understanding the difference between solving linear and nonlinear problems
- Configuring your Study sequence
- Solving time dependent problems
The COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive® Training course is suitable for anyone with an engineering, physics, or science background. No previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics® is required.
To register please complete the form below. Seats are limited and admission is on a first come, first served basis. To participate in the course attendees will need their own laptop; a 14-day free trial version of COMSOL Multiphysics® will be provided for installation prior to the start of the course. Please visit System Requirements to see the minimum configuration COMSOL requires for installation. We will be using Microsoft Teams to host the course.
The fee for this three-day course is £995 per person. Academic discounts are available upon request. Charges include course materials.
Please note that your seat on the course cannot be confirmed until payment or a formal purchase order has been received. For training course tuition, we accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, company purchase order, cheque, wire or direct deposit. For security purposes please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Please email Purchase Orders to:
Please review our course cancellation/return policies. For additional information, please email email@example.com.
Register for (Online) COMSOL Multiphysics® Intensive Course (3 Days)
This event has ended. Visit the event calendar to view upcoming events.
Training Course Details
May 23–25, 2023 | 9:30 a.m. BST (UTC+01:00)