COMSOL Compiler™ Updates
For users of the COMSOL Compiler™ product, version 5.5 of the COMSOL® software brings smaller executable files and other general improvements. Read more about these COMSOL Compiler™ updates below.
Compile Applications to Smaller Executable Files
Compiled applications use COMSOL Runtime™ in order to run, which needs to be installed on the target computer. You can now create compiled applications that download and install this runtime on-demand, whereas previously it was embedded into each compiled application. By excluding COMSOL Runtime™, you are able to create much smaller executable files for users that already have the runtime installed on their computers. In addition, the runtime itself is now contained in a full-fledged installer, which makes it possible to install and uninstall runtimes for different COMSOL® software versions.
- Support for compiling MPH-files larger than 4 GB on the Windows® operating system
- A .dat file is needed to distribute together with the executable
- Improved support for specifying the icon for the compiled executable
- This includes support for .ico files on the Windows® operating system and .icns files on macOS
- Custom-made physics interfaces, created with the Physics Builder, are now automatically embedded into the compiled application
- This makes it much easier to share such applications
- The COMSOL Runtime™ installer now supports installing the necessary components for the bidirectional LiveLink™ for CAD interfaces
- This makes it much easier to share and run applications that interface CAD software to analyze CAD designs
- See the System Requirements for Running COMSOL Applications for the list of supported CAD software and operating systems